Friday, May 19, 2006

Run Forest!

Is this not the cutest thing!

Here's A running home. Notice...He's levitating.
Actually, he runs in a gazelle type fashion and tends to leap.

I was so amazed. A didn't cry, pout, or hide. He willingly lined up, batted, ran the bases, and chased just about every ball hit.
At only his second time at t-ball.

That's not the norm for A. He's usually slow to warm up to new things.

Not that I'm complaining. It was wonderful experience. It was nice to see him as just a plain old kid. He wasn't any less coordinated than the others out there.

On a funny note, the coach put him up front and the traditional "line up and high-five" the other team.

Well, A's team lined up behind him, but A didn't walk forward so neither did the team. Instead the other team walked past them all.
Hee, hee.
The other parent's laughed about it. But A did high-five everyone with great enthusiasm.



On a completely unrelated note:
I got two packages today. One a replacement USB cord for my Ipod. I can now update my ipod and add some new music.

Second was a Mario Mix Dance Dance Revolution and two dance pads for the boys. This is the second release of this game. I pre-ordered it a month ago to make sure I didn't miss getting it.
It's a big hit. Even ZooDad jumped on the mat to try it out. (In fact, we had to kick him off so the kids could play.)

It's like the DDR for PS2 except the music is dance beat classical music or traditional Mario tunes. (Right now the boys are dancing to a techno version of Pomp and Circumstance earlier it was Carmen. ) And it has the normal quest type game like a Mario game.
The boys are breaking a sweat even on the easy level.

The foot work has to be right on the beat. It let's you know if you are perfect, close, early or late.
Besides the exercise component, the timing and footwork mimic the interactive metronome therapy that M is doing.

I could sell tickets to watch little S play it. He studies the screen so intently and them stomps like a madman on random arrows.
Hysterical and totally worth the money.

1 comment:

Job said...

Way to go A!!!!