shake
shudder
brush, brush, brush
I've decided to just shakes that funk off and just be happy. I think that is the first step.
Tonight I have help being happy. I have a real life grown up Christmas Party to attend. A real party with sparkly clothes, a catered meal, open bar, presents, dancing, adults to talk to, and my darlin' hubby to escort me. I am so excited. Now I just have to do something with my crazy hair.

On the knitting front, I finished 2 of the four stockings I have to make (plus a giant one for ZooDad.) The two pictures are without flash so you can see the initials better. Both stockings need blocking and some sort of hanging device. But that is a detail to be worked out after the other 2 are finished.

Today we are doing laundry, reading The Magicians Nephew, and literally... watching grass grow. The winter rye thrown out last week has proven to be a great nature study. We've studies what plants need to grow and experimented with water, sunlight, and ground cover. They have compared species of plants, immature plants to adult plants, as well as growing seasons, planting zones, and a quick intro to photosynthesis.
We would be watching mold grow, but none has yet. After 5 days in sandwich bags and neither, the wet bread, the plain bread, nor the toasted bread has shown any changes. The wet bread does smell not so tasty.
The grass is growing faster than the bread is molding.
Tomorrow we are going to Civil War School. I'll post pictures from it and the fabulous Fallen soldier re-enactment we had at a family reunion a few years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment