Tuesday, December 06, 2005

In which she half decorates

It's "decorate the house but get sidetracked by all your stuff" day here at the zoo.

The situation thus far.
We have a redneck pile of totes on the porch. I go out periodically and forage through them for stuff.

Three (count 'em THREE) stockings are knitted. Only one has a hanging loop on it. It is hanging from the caboose stocking holder on the mantle. I've cleared the mantle from my normal stuff except my clock. I've replaced it with lighted garland and the train stocking holders. I need to do something else there but I have to find my stuff first.

The new pre-lit tree is up and lit. But it is not fluffed. It's looking pretty Charlie Brownish. I'm about 20 minutes away from putting up my old fake tree. (also on the porch.) But I would have to be desperate because I'd have to sort, fluff, and assemble each and every dang branch PLUS put on my 10 stings of lights.

Jesus, Joseph, Mary, the Wise Men, 3 angels, and a couple of Santas are hanging out on the buffet in the dining room. Beside them are a stack of ornament boxes for my silver ornaments (which need polishing) and my basket of knitting.

In the very center of my living room are two big totes of tree decorations and garland. Four advent calendars has already been hung as has the front door wreath. A tote of Christmas lights sits in the center of our walkway along with a step ladder and various and sundry yard stakes and extension cords.

With any luck I'll be done Christmas. I'd better be. I'm hosting the family this year.

No comments: