Friday, December 16, 2005

Busted

JC has a song called "Busted." It's lyrics are just an itemized list of all the bad things that are going on in a farmer's life.

I went to my brother to ask for a loan. I was busted. I hate to beg like a dog for a bone but I'm busted. My brother said there ain't a thing I can do. My wife and my kids are all down with the flu. And I was just thinking of calling on you. I'm busted!

I've been singing my own version of this song lately. Though money is fine, I haven't really even started on Christmas shopping. ZooDad is at Quantico until tomorrow. (He's been there all week.) We'll miss my Mom's surprise birthday party tonight because Baby S has some unknown virus, most likely the Flu. He's fine as long as I keep him on Tylenol/Motrin. As soon as the meds wear off, he's back up to 102 degrees. He's been sleeping with me so it is just a matter of time before I come down with the dreaded disease.
Yesterday evening, one bright curious boy tipped my tart warmer. No one was burned but I know have red wax all over the floor and my yellow buffet. The splatter won't scrape off and the red has already stained it.
And I'm out of firewood.
and one strand of my outside lights has a short....making the whole house dark.

Petty huh? (laugh)

On a positive note.
A sick boy has given me lots of knitting time and I've rather enjoyed being home all week with an excuse to not go anywhere.


I finished all four boys' stockings and hung them by the chimney with care. The stripes were super easy because I just carried the yarn over each row since I didn't care about a seam. It was cumbersome fiddling with three yarn strands at a time but it was worth it when I was weaving in the ends. I'm working on one final stocking for ZooDad.


And the new "fake, pre-lit" tree is up and decorated. I only hung my precious silver ornaments and the garland. The boys did all the rest of the hanging, even way up top. Cool!
Here's the lit version.


I may not be back until after Christmas. I have massive shopping to do. (That lone present is my sister's.) Christmas evening, we'll head down to the farm for a few days of over-eating and goat chasing.
Merry Christmas to all. May your houses stay warm and well lit. May your children stay healthy. May the things you wish for be the gifts God grants you.

2 comments:

Susi said...

Lovely Christmas Tree!

Dy said...

Merry, Merry Christmas!! I hope everyone is healthy and strong come Christmas morning, and that those gorgeous stockings bring all the joy they're intended to bring. :-)

Dy