Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Here's where I prattle on about the knitting

I just started this in October. But since I have an obsessive personality, I have really thrown myself into it.

I've crocheted for years. My grandmother taught me and my older sister filled in all the forgotten details. But crochet can only get you so far. I mean, you can make some great afghans and seriously awful toilet paper covers, but you can't get the variety of pattern that you can in knitting.
So I taught myself to knit.
So far, I have made 3 hats and 5 Christmas stockings and one lone sock

Here's four of the five stockings.

The boys have their initials purled into the pattern. I had planned to do a color change but I just haven't figured out how to do that in the round.

And here's my first completed knitting project...evah! This is the one were I learned that knitting in the round is far superior to knitting straight and then seaming.

And here's a couple of my cuties. One is sporting a new boucle Acorn hat. The other is supposed to be wearing the hat above. Do you see it? Look closely. Can't see it? That's because it is most likely stuffed with Hot Wheel cars and toy animals instead of being on his little smiling head.

No comments: