Here's what's been going on in the zoo.
No cavities in anyone's heads. Yay us! The dentist eyes got big when J mentioned flossing on his own accord. Wow...kids that floss! There were threats to pull a baby tooth if it isn't out in 3 more days. (It finally got wiggly last night.)
Final denial for A's Medicaid. But the school has deemed him worthy of OT assessment. (That will happen in two weeks.) He can cut like a demon but has no writing skills. at. all.
Linda Blair is back. The van is currently sitting in front of the knitting store where she gave up the ghost (or maybe got one) after my sock knitting class. I'm reminded of a quote, I think, from the movie Major League. Something about "dance around with your hoodoo stick and shake your willy." Believe me if I had either and thought it would help...I would do it. It would be better than the dealership's approach.
I finished knitting project one. (A hat for S, I'll post pictures.) Started knitting project two (a hat for A) and also started knitting a sock for me. I also learned a new cast on, twisted German casting. (I was a thumb caster...practically a virgin.) It is complicated but stretchy. I have about 3 inches of hat and two inches of sock going. Everything is on DPNs because I am unable to handle those circular needles.
Halloween was a great success. One store bought costume and 3 made out of other stuff. We had Darth Vader (store) and Luke Skywalker. Then the Mummy and his trusty bat sidekick. Much candy was handed out, collected, and eaten. J was happy that everyone liked his mummy costume and knew what he was.
We had our yearly food drive. 9 adults and 20 kids collected 1050 pounds of food and $236. Then that evening my neighbor had a great adult party which happened to have a few kids. We got the ultimate compliment from a drunken pirate. "Man, when I have kids....I sure hope they are as cool as yours." (I thought they were supposed to be nerdy homeschool kids.)
Because I can't go anywhere or do anything else do tot he possessed van issue...today we have school and laundry. Maybe an unschool and a mostly housework day. I've been to the library. I have Climbing Parnasus and a ton of cool math, optical illusion, and caldecot winning books. J is giggling through 21 balloons. M is reading "A place for Zero" and A is obsessed with alphabet books. Thankfully, we have tons or I would be very sick of Chicka, Chicka, Boom Boom.
I've got a nice pot of grits going and I might even cook some bacon. We've got plans for cookies this afternoon. And sock sorting.
If we are lucky we might just get 3 days of this before the hectic "go here, go there" starts up again.
Hot digitty!
3 comments:
Love, love, love your knitting! (turning green....). sorry to hear about your possessed set of wheels - I can relate.
Survived what I think our guys have dubbed their last official trick-or-treat (...misty eyes....and a growing pain).
Take care,
Harriette
I have to ask - which one was a bat? We've had a bat two years running. Well, this year it was batman b/c I couldn't make costumes this year. But he begged to be a bat. :-)
I'm thoroughly enjoying catchup over coffee! It's good to see you back.
Dy
Thank you ma'am.
The baby was the bat. My bat costume is super easy. Black Sweats, purble cloth and beauty of Wonder Under.
We have Halloween "traditions." Every kid wore the same pumpkin suit for their first halloween except M when he was Bob the Tomato. Every kid but J was a bat for their 3rd Halloween.
How odd, huh?
I'll post a picture later on today.
Post a Comment