Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I need a priest

Because I enjoy general chaos, it seems to flock to me like seagulls on a half eaten sandwich.

Oh yes.

Yesterday my van pulled a "Linda Blair." All of a sudden, it powered down (while I was parked) and wouldn't crank. I freaked out and said the vocabulary words the boys have heard and know not to repeat. Then I tried cranking again....click, click, click. Nothing.

Then real panic set in. ZooDad was at the hospital for MIL's body inside camera exploration. Non-working nephew-in-law was with my mom at the hospital for her stuffed in a tube test. My sister was doing pay roll and watching the two kids my mom usually has (thus no room for our five more.) So everyone who would come get me couldn't come get me.
I was at a lost...so I call my friend Jacqui who sent over her wonderful husband. He cleaned the terminals, tried charging the batteries and looked under the hood in a "I know what I'm doing" kind of way that made me feel a bit calmer.

None of that worked. And the van just got freakier and freakier culminating in the wipers going off without me turning on the switches. And I don't even use the rear wiper. How crazy is that? We were both weirded out.

In the end, ZooDad abandoned him mom long enough to grab us and drop us back home. And we didn't get to scouts

Hours later he returned to work his own special mojo on my possessed van with no luck. He even experienced the random window wiping and as a bonus the cleaner fluid sprayed for him. It was like a Car Talk scene from the Exorcist.
He then decided to try one last time....and the demon cranked. It worked fine. We took it to the dealership who told me today that nothing was wrong with it. At. All.

Lovely.
So I had some stuff done that they suggested, which thankfully was part of my pre-paid service plan stuff (they loved that...oh yeah. It took hours to work that little deal out. At one point they wanted to charge me for diagnostic tests that didn't find a problem.) and I get Linda back tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was what was left of the full moon........but a little Holy Water cast about it wouldn't hurt!
;-)
Harriette

Dy said...

Oh my! Next time, bring a funky, poorly dressed guy w/ a video camera to be the ghost spotter. At the very least, he might capture the wipers spewing cleaner and spinning in circles, right? I am very glad you were Parked when that happened. {{hugs}}

How did the various tests go for all involved? When will y'all know more?

Dy

Dy said...

Alright. Listen here, if I can remodel a house, grow a baby, and try not to strangle Zorak in the process, and still blog... you could at least pop in and share Cute Kid stories once a week or something! ;-)

Thinking of you and hoping all is well at the Zoo!!

Dy