Monday, October 17, 2005

Hole in the Head

No it's not a statement of my well-being.

The oscar fish (Oscar and Elmo) appear to have Hole in the Head. Bad news: The fish are developing HOLES in their HEADS. Good News: It's the bad water/high stress HITH and not the infested with awful parasite HITH.
Now there's a silver lining.

Can you imagine getting that kind of diagnosis?

"Well, Mrs Zoo. You seem to have Hole In The Head."
[blink, blink]
"But no worries, it's just stress and a dirty house. We'll get you some vitamins. You'll need rest and a clean habitat. A good diet will speed things up. No actual parasites or wormy things. Just good old fashion bacteria eating your skin off."

Poor fish.
They already have the clean tank and good food. Now I have to get some Hole-in-the-head Be Gone from the pet shop tomorrow. (I'll work it into the schedule.)
I wonder if it works on people?

1 comment:

Dy said...

ROFL! I'm sorry for your fish, but boy, do I appreciate the laugh! Thanks! And, um, good luck w/ that hole in the head thing... it's not, erm, contagious, is it???

dy