
But crochet is limited. It has a great variety for texture but you really can't do the kind of stuff that you can with knitting. So I decided to learn to knit. So after a month of leaning stitches, pulling out rejected squares, and searching for the perfect toboggan hat...I finished my very first knitted project.
I'm rather proud of it for a virgin knitter.

I made it for A, but he rejected it because he wanted a beanie like his older brothers. Baby S loves it though. He puts it on his legs and stuffs toys in it. He pulls it down over his face like that kid from Fat Albert. It's just an all around cool hat as far as he's concerned.
Oh...the specs. Knitted on #6 straight needles and then seamed. (I crocheted it shut and the seam is nice a neat.
Now I have 2 other projects going on.
One is a hat for A. He chose the colors. I've just finished the ribbing and am about to add the stripes. 100% wool on #6 DPNs.

Here's the beginning of my socks. I did this last night at class. I am freaking out about the small yarn and the thin needles. I have to check like crazy to make sure I don't drop stitches. But it looks like it is going ok. I have 4 hours of class to learn to do the rest. Next week we do heels and the last week is finishing. Then I plan on making lovely socks. (I plan big.)
2 comments:
I'm taking te sock class at Knit Together. It's a new store that opened up over in Fury's Ferry Station. (oh..the yarn.) My whole goal for learning to knit was to make hats and socks. So I'm on par to meet both. I've talked to a couple of mom about having a Homeschool mom knit night. Go to the book stre coffee sop and knit stuff.
Oh. My. WOrd. I've been "learning" to knit for 32 years now, and I haven't had the gumption to move beyond "look at this lovely scarf... er, part of a scarf... it'll be a scarf, or a table runner, when I'm done" and here you are, whipping out actual GARMENTS! I'm in awe. Good job!
Dy
Post a Comment