Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm sure the "Rod and Staff" publishers never meant for sentence like these.

Today was lesson 8 of Rod and Staff English 4.
J is loving it. Oh my goodness. I have raised a language nerd. He said he liked it better than the Easy Grammar that we used last year.
I thought he would balk at all the writing but instead he has welcomed it.

Today's lesson was on Noun Phrases. J was given a list of Noun Phrases that he had to use as the subject of sentences. I'm sure the sentences he came up with are not at all what the R&S people had in mind.

Miss Marilyn Foster was eaten by a wildebeest

Sister Elizabeth is very ugly and quite mean.

Brother John jumped in a lake.

See the entertainment I get each day. I couldn't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! No, I'm sure they didn't think of those sentences! LOL