Friday, July 15, 2005

Phone call with ZooDad

ZooDad has two favorite restaurants. Both are all-you-can-eat. These are not your normal style of AYCE places. Not these are upscale. One is a beef place. The other is a seafood place.

He ate at the seafood place last night. He said he had 3 lobsters. 3 whole lobsters.

Later on in the course of the conversation:

ZooDad: "You wouldn't like this place. It was seafood only. No freshwater fish at all. In fact the only fish on the menu was some fish I couldn't pronounce."

Me: "Tilapia?"

ZD: "yes...that's it. How did you know? That's what everyone at the table said when I told them the same thing."

Me: "Just a guess."

ZD: "So how does everyone know about this fish and how do they know that I can't pronounce it. What is it? The fish that morons can't say."


Silly man.
I can't believe he ate 3 lobsters. And no, he didn't eat any tilapia

1 comment:

Dy said...

I will happily embarrass myself at the steak, seafood, or sushi AYCE restaurants. I am not ashamed to wear sweats, either (you know, so I don't have to try to rebutton my jeans each trip back to the bar). YUM!

Hope he travels safely and comes home soon. :-)

Dy