Anyway.
Back to the weekend.
Day two, ZooDad went to his morning meeting. the boys and I ate breakfast and went to the coolest. toy. store. evah! The Incredible toy store! They sell Playmobile, Papo, Thomas and Brio trains as well as all kind of very cool "educational" toys. I had to drag the kids out and back to the condo for lunch.
ZooDad and I made a quick change in plans and decided to take the kids to Tweesie Railroad. (We had planned this for day 3)
Tweetsie is a Wild West themed park. It is not PC...at all. There are cowboys and "in'juns." Granted that all races are equally represented in the employees. But 70% of the kids there are sporting a cowboy hat and/or a toy gun.
But since we don't have any problems with "in'juns," cowboys, or toy guns....we had a ball.
Here's the 2 middle boys on the horses. There are several of these on Main Street. The smallest zooby wouldn't get near these Fiberglas equines.

I thought the littlest one would love riding the real steam train. Well, he did like watching it...but once we boarded it and the thing started moving.....it was a slightly different story.


The train stops periodically on its circuit around the park and actors hop off and do little skits. The "dumb deputy" rode in our car. This is him at the "Fort Boone" stop. This is after he and another deputy had thwarted a bank heist. The "in'juns" were about to attack the fort. See one peeking out from behind the Calvary tent.

After the train torture was over, we rode as many rides as possible. We went and down the mountain on the chair-lift. The stroller even rode up. The boys got a huge kick out of that.
Here's the guys on the Ramblin' Wrecks. J and M rode together. M was not so impressed with J's driving. I helped A drive my car while Zoodad was supposed to drive baby S around. Note who is driving that second car please.

ZooDad and J rode the "Insanely-fast-spinning-on-the-side-of-the-mountain" ferris wheel. The thing is moving so fast that it makes a breeze. It's just perched on the side of the mountain giving the illusion that it could break free and just keep on rolling.

The boys in the "cheese mine." That's all I've got on that one. Imagine a very cheap, mouse and gold mine themed "It's a small world" ride knock off.....and add black lights.

We couldn't con ZooDad to stand under this bridge, so J obliged. You can barely see the goat on the bridge.

After petting the goats and all the other critters, watching the shows, and panning for gold...we were exhausted and all "Tweetsied" out.
We found a nice little restaurant where the manager set us up with a table that had cartoons (The Last Airbender...a family favorite) and fish. (The entire cast of Finding Nemo in one tank...another family favorite.) The food was good and the service was prompt. The fact that the boys were well entertained and on their best behavior made it the end of a great day.
Tomorrow...Lime green. It's a very popular color.
3 comments:
WHEW! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! But those boys look like they had a blast! How cool!
Dy
We live in NC and I must say Grandfather Mt. freaks me out too.... The bridge.. NO WAY!!!
But, my 4 boys always loved Tweetsie growing up... tacky yet great fun...glad you enjoyed your visit to our state
Hi! I found you through Dy. I LOVED your Tom Cruise post and all those little sayings, very funny!
I have three boys and I get the " heh, heh, were you tryin' for the girl?" comments all the time, too.
Love your blog!
Laney
Post a Comment