Well, a little bomb. Two little bombs. Maybe not even real bombs since the thoughts had bee lurking in my mind before anyone else said it.
Today was speech and occupational therapy day for A.
His Occupational therapist wants him to see an orthopedic specialist about his "toe walking." The kid has always walked on his toes but apparently he also turns his feet inwards. That might make it a Orthopedic issue and not just a sensory issue. Of course, we'll go.
Anything he needs...We will do. It's just one more thing to worry about though.
I really shouldn't complain because I know so many other parents have such bigger problems to worry about than mine. I'm just wondering when this kid is going to catch a break.
Then the speech therapist wanted to talk about A's lack of interest and the fact that he may have reached a temporary plateau. He's also resisting doing speech exercises at home and at therapy. She asked me to consider a two month break from all speech therapy. I've decided to compromise with trying just once a week for the summer with the option to go to every other week if he's still resisting.
The guy has been in speech twice a week since October 2003 with only the occasional miss. So maybe it's time for a little break. I'm just worried about him not making further progress.
I also went to the dentist today. Yes, I went and lived to tell the tale. My teeth were cleaned, yet I did not die. So that part is good, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment