Thursday, May 19, 2005

We have to wait to start school

Last night I started reading The Children's Homer to the boys. This was after they watched the Tv movie Hercules...which I recorded for them. There was no way I was letting them stay up 'til 11. (We are slightly behind in our SOTW stuff. We've been on book I forever. I do own book II, if that counts for anything.)

I discovered that I had an illustrated DK Odyssey book in my stash of oh-so-cool-stuff. (I also remembered that I have an audible version of The Children's Homer also.) Well, J took my Dk book to bed with him. He went back to reading it when he woke up this morning.
When I told him that it was time for math, he answered...."Can I finish this chapter first? Zeus is trying the destroy Odysseus and his crew."

Of course you can buddy. Like I would interrupt reading The Odyssey for some division problems.

1 comment:

Dy said...

Ohhhh, I do love it when that happens!!! Enjoy yet another perk of homeschooling. :-)

Dy