Feet in the morning.
Feet at night.
Yep, it's Focus on the Feet here at the zoo.
I went to the physical therapist on Friday. She says I have a grade 2 or 3 "Syndesmotic Sprain." commonly called a high ankle sprain.
Grade 2 means that I have partially torn the two affected ligaments. Grade 3 is tearing them all the way through. We aren't sure which since the swelling is still pretty bad. I've also pulled a couple of tendons and just pretty much busted everything up.
Currently, I have about 4 degrees of motion in any direction.
No half-baked ankle sprain for me. No sir-ree. I gotta go all out.
My insurance pays for 20 physical therapy sessions. The therapist says that "by then" I should be able to do the exercises by myself until I fully heal.
Hellooooooo???????
20 visits is 5 months right. I planed to be fully healed within a month.
I'm being a good girl. I wearing the wrap and ankle brace. I'm using the crutch most of the time. I'm staying off as much as *I* have time too. I'm also doing that cold water plunge thing that is oh-so-enjoyable and doing all my little foot exercises.
Why am I doing all these torturous things? Because I do not have 5 months to sit around and baby this silly foot. I do need to be healthy to walk by September when we go to Disney World. And it would be nice to be able to enjoy the mountains when we go in June. So I will jump through all the appropriate hoops and get my money's worth on the PT.
On a positive note: Today, I wore two shoes for the first time in 11 days. Granted they were flip-flops but both feet were covered and that's all that matters. M was a bit freaked out by my purple bruised toes.
Watch those ankles! It turns out that they are quite useful afterall.
No comments:
Post a Comment