Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Bad sounds in the Zoo

Since I'm not that mobile anymore, I've taken to "listening" for trouble.

This is what trouble sounds like in our house.


"Honey, I'm home from the grocery store. Did you give me a list?"


"ha, ha, ha, ha." Sound of running feet "ha, ha, haha." thunk


Sounds of laughter and jumping in the upstairs room...thunk....Silence.


"Um...Mom? Can you come here a second?"


Sounds of jumping in the family room....thunk....."oooooooooh"


"hee, hee, hee, hee, snicker, snicker" coming from any bathroom.


"Um....Mom? The toilet water just keeps going up."


Some boy:"Mooooooooommmmmmm" in a tattle tale tone. Some other boy who can talk: "Shhhhhh....Mom is resting."


Um...Mom? Would you like something to drink?"


CRASH Me: "What was that?" Some boy that can talk: "Ummmmmmm....nothing?"


And my all time favorite:
"ow, ow, ow, ow" said by one child with all the others following him until they realize that they are now in the same room I am in. Me: "What is going on?" All children involved looked at each other and then reply, "ummmmm.....nothing?"


Oh yes, trouble...I can smell it. I just chose not to deal with it.
It's been a week and so far, no one is dead or seriously hurt.

1 comment:

Dy said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! You framed it so well, and I feel for you, but I just can't stop laughing. I know, at least in our house, anything followed by *thunk* and silence is going to mean trouble.

Dy