Friday, April 08, 2005

I'm a broken record, but at least I'm predictable

The pontiff was buried today. For me, His death has been a flashback to September. I had to turn off the news when the press was busy describing exactly what the Pope was doing as he was dying. It was too easy to go back to the night when my Dad died. I could easily envision the scene described.
The coverage this week was also painful. It didn't help matters that Pope John Paul II looked an awful lot like my own little Elf Dad. So much so that J chimed in, " He looks like Granddaddy. Who is that?"
It reopened the wounds that were just beginning to scab over and I've spent the last few days tired and moody. I'm going to have to seek professional help if I can't shake this funk soon. I want to avoid that if possible. Pills seem to be the number one fix-it miracle these days and I don't do well with any form of medication. I rarely even take Tylenol.

The rain isn't helping things. Three days of cloudy skies and rain off an on.
Tomorrow, I plan to go the garden center. I'm on a quest to signs of new life. Zoodad, being the supportive wonderman he is, actually suggested it. That's brave of him, since he's the one who has to dig all the holes. ;)

Peace in the Valley, sung by Johnny Cash and also Elvis. Very good song. You can hear Elvis's faith in the lyrics but JC's world weary voice really made this song for me.

1 comment:

Dy said...

{{{hugs}}}
Dy