I got up at 6 am to do some much needed housework. ZooDad is in Germany once again and the housework tends to get put off when I'm single parenting.
The we all go up, dressed, ate some breakfast and headed down to my wetlands interpretive park (our lot backs up to the wetlands park area) for the Earth Day celebration.
First there was a butterfly release for the ribbon cutting. Each preson was given a little triangle envelope with a painted lady butterfly inside. It was cool.

Here's M waiting to release his butterfly. This part took a while since all the bureaucrats all had to say something about our cool new park.
Then the boys got a chance to see all the critters from the ecology lab.

And I got to see my favorite ultra-cute herp nerd and his alligator.


That's me and two of the Zoobys. I'm holding a rat snake from the ecology lab. The little one with no fear is not even two yet. He kept looking at the snakes and yelling "Nake! Nake! Me 'old 'em. Me 'oooooooooooold 'em"
sooooooooooooo.........

he got to hold it. His daddy is going to freak out.

Here's the oldest Zooby with the same snake. Notice the little one with his hands outstetched begging to hold the "nake" again.
Then it was a whirlwind day. Back home for lunch. Back to the park for scouts where a local botanist took the pack on a trek through the wetlands boardwalk. After that we headed over to the church for the scout "God and Me" program. Then....I spent an hour coaching M's t-ball team.
I picked up pizza for dinner and the freshy bathed Zoobys are watching the Incredibles while I veg for a bit.
It was a fun day. But man...i am dog tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment