Monday, April 18, 2005

It was a miracle!

My darling ZooDad is less than handy around the house. He is more than capable in things computer related. In fact he is the Greek God of Computer stuff. However, he is no Ty Pennington. He's not even a Bob Villa.
But he does try. Last weekend, he finished the handrails on the deck steps. This is the deck that fell off the house in October of 2003. (Yes, 2003!) ZooDad replaced the deck in July of 2004. He's just now finished the handrails down the steps. Don't ask me when the cap rail will be done.

Not that I can talk. I still have to finish painting the kitchen. I started last October.

Time Flies.

A little more background so you understand the conversation. A couple of months ago, I lost my car keys and I had to call a locksmith to open the van....to see if I had locked them in there. I'm scatterbrained...I admit it. I hadn't and not only do I still not have my regular keys...the locksmith broke my window mechanism thingy and my passenger window wouldn't roll down.
This annoyed ZooDad terribly since that was 'his" window.

Saturday we had the following conversation.

ZooDad rolls down his window.

me: Hey, how'd my window get fixed?

him: I fixed it.

I stare at him. This is a highly doubtful statement.

me: No you didn't.

him: Yes I did.

me: When?

him: A couple of weeks ago

me: And you never even mentioned it.

him: No, I don't mention every little thing.

me: You'd mention fixing the window if you fixed it. You mention fixing the toilet at least one a week. (remember the toilet handle incident...he brings it up.) You did NOT fix my window.

him: Well then, how did it get fixed.

me: Must have been a miracle.

him: Don't you think God has other things to do than fix parts of your van. If he was in the van fixing line of work, why didn't he heal your transmission?

me: So, how did you get to the window if you fixed it?

him: I removed these things and took out he screws.

me: Without scratching anything? And where'd you get the part?

him: There wasn't a part. it was a cable.

me: You did not fix my window!

him: You'd rather believe the window spontaneously fixed itself than think that *I* fixed it?

me: I know what you did when you fixed your Ford seat. (It was a freaking mess. Car dudes would be horrified by the sheer carnage.) I don't see any evidence of your handiwork.

him: I am insulted.

me: I was on a really bumpy road at the Scout camp ground. Maybe that shook things back into place.

him: I am really insulted.

me: Sorry...but you did NOT fix my window. It was a miracle.

him: Well, you'll just never know for sure will you?


A window fixing miracle. Now what we need it the garage fairy to come and clean out all that mess.

1 comment:

Dy said...

I am laughing SO hard- literally out loud, and just woke Zorak from his coma on the living room floor. This is hilarious!
Dy