Nope, it's not a re-enactment of a Fantasy Island episode. It's my afternoon lunch time drive.
This morning the boys had a dental check up. All is well in the mouths of the Zoobys. However, we did have to have a slight skirmish with the insurance company when they announced that we didn't have dental insurance. WHAT!!!! Them's fightin' words "Gus!" We most certainly do.
After getting that situated, we headed down the main business road to grab some lunch before heading to the hospital for speech and OT.
Traffic was heavy, which is normal for that road and time of day. I pulled off(along with everybody else) to let an ambulance and a rescue/fire truck got by. I didn't think much of it. Then I arrived at a traffic light that was not working. Hmmmmmm....why is the light out.
Then I arrived at another non-working light just as a police officer was driving up on the curb so he could hop out and start directing. At that point, traffic was bad. Still not too much off normal though. When I saw the flashing lights in the suicide lane, I knew there had been a wreck. I didn't see any lanes merging so I started my mumbling rant about rubberneckers. I hate rubberneckers.
Apparently thought there was something to rubberneck at. Even I had to take a second look a the Cessna plane that was sitting in the K-mart parking lot. Apparently, the pilot made an emergency landing on that busy road and clipped a couple of power lines on his way down.
Wow!
Thankfully, no one was hurt and power was restored in an hour or so.
Wild stuff.
1 comment:
Wow, I would have rubbernecked too! Glad no one was hurt.
Post a Comment