Tuesday, March 22, 2005

It's Spring!

Which means we're way behind!!! We'll never catch up. We'll be doing school all summer.

Standardized testing is coming. Have I mentioned that I am the test coordinator for my homeschool support group? I have to place a $2000 order today. Scary.

Spring is also planting time. 10 bushes are in the ground and I don't know how many flowers to go. But my azaleas are starting to bloom. So are my irises and crabapple tree. My Lady Banks Rose and "Nanny's switch" bush are about to bloom. They take me back to her arms. I have to order sod today. We'll need 2 palettes. The left over grass will go down to the cemetery to dress up Daddy's place along with a few hardy azaleas. I would plant a Lady Banks but those things grow like wisteria and I can't get down there often enough to keep it from taking over the whole back wall.

Spring is also baseball. Baseball starts next week. Have I mentioned that I am coaching again? yep...t-ball. I can't mess up t-ball. Thankfully the game season is only 6 weeks.

On a good note, ZooDad will not go to TX for 3 weeks then Germany for 8 days. Now he'll just take 2 four day trips to DC and then to Germany for 8 days. I plan to quarantine him in the garage for at least 5 days. The boys however, are quite excited about the prospect of more German chocolate.

There's other stuff. I'll post it as I come to it in my head.

I did get a great complement.
When I was in high school and college, I always felt that my best feature was my smile. Well,poundage, 4 kids, and the stress of life has diminished my smile a bit...so I thought.
I was in Home Depot (buying plants) and asked an associate to point me towards the carpet cleaning solutions. He asked if he knew me. I admitted he looked familiar but couldn't figure out how. We played the association game. (Are you are Warren? We had basketball at Wesley? Do you work on post?) When he finally said, "I know you from someplace...I remember you smile."
I guess I still have it. I'll live off that one for the next month.

Oh, and the new buying season has begun. My HWT books are in and so is Singapore MPH science. I love it!!!!! We got home at 4pm and J has already done the first chapter including the work book and activity book. He loves it too.
I've also ruled out Singapore math...I think we'll just stick with MCP and actually do all the stuff in the teacher's manual for a change.

It's spring! Plant flowers, be happy, and don't forget to spray the weed killer before they take over the place.

No comments: