Friday, February 25, 2005

Sing it with me......

Tomorrow....Tomorrow....I love ya'....Tomorrow...

ZooDad comes home! YEAH!!!!
I need the big cheese grinning smiley face.

I don't' know why this last trip was so bad. After ten years of ZooDad being gone at least 1/4 of the year, I really should be used to it. But this week was just a kicker.
But at 7:38 pm I will feel much better. My anchor will come back home. I know sometimes he feels that he's just the breadwinner for our family. I think I need to remind him more often that he is truly the foundation, roof, and main structural support of our family.
I can do all the things that I do because I have his love and support. Without him...well...go back and read my last two posts.

I need him. He's the one who makes me believe that I am doing things right. He tells me that the new curtains look perfect that way I've hung them. The that laundry doesn't have to be caught up and the sink can have dishes.
That having four healthy, happy, clean and fed boys is a major achievement.

I wish I was more eloquent and I could put into words. I guess the best thing way to say it is that I have many times over the past 10 years, gotten on my knees and thanked God for sending that man into my life.

And tomorrow we get him back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dy said...

I think it is so important to remind them of those very things. We've been pretty good about remembering those things, but when we feel it and we do get down on our knees to thank God, sometimes we "feel" like we've let the hubby know and it goes unsaid.

Yesterday, on the way home from running errands, Zorak said, "If I put the shoe rack together when we get home, can I regain some of my hero status?" He was being silly, but not entirely- we'd had a disagreement at the store. It was wholeheartedly mild and had completely passed from my mind, but not his. He thought perhaps he wasn't cape-worthy anymore. ;-) That was one of those thump-in-the-head reminders I get from God that say: "Cherish this man! I made him special just for you, so go tell HIM that!"

So that was my long-winded way of saying- Don't worry about being eloquent. Just tell him, shower him with accolades and appreciation and smiles, and he will feel it more deeply than from reading anything a poet has written!

Enjoy your reunion!
Dy