Monday, January 31, 2005

Why I hate sharing a computer with my Husband

This is a grumpy rant post.
You have been forewarned.

One day, I spent an hour setting up some new checklists for our homeschool. Both J and M got new weekly lists. Plus I did some new chore charts. My whole day revolved around getting these new lists implemented.
I clicked print and the monster computer gave me the "Printer is not online" message. Now, ZooDad's desk is not the most organized of areas. Cables stretch far and wide. The printer is actually across the room. So I had no idea how to get the printer back online. So I called ZooDad at work to tell him that the printer was not working. His response, "Yeah, I know. I'll fix it when I get home."

Grrrrrr.
This morning, I got up a little early so I could scan and copy some worksheets for M. He's only 6 but he likes to be occupied during school time. If J is working, M wants to work too. So I fired up the computer....waited for it to get going...chose my handouts and put them in the scanner and pressed "copy."
Nothing happened.
So I tried the normal thing by accessing the program through the computer. The dreaded message window popped up..."Scanner is not online."
I emailed ZooDad to inform him. His Response...."Yeah, I know. I'll fix it when I get home."

I hate sharing a computer.

No comments: