Three years ago, I started as my oldest son's Tiger Leader. We had 11 Tiger Cubs. It was a big den.
The next year, I had a new baby so I didn't do the official leader thing but I helped out at every meeting. We lost a few Wolves but gained a few and ended up with 12 Wolves bridging up to Bears.
This year I took over the leader reins again with a fabulous co-leader. 10 of the Bears came back. One moved away and one just really wasn't into scouting. At the first meeting, we added 4 new Bear cubs bringing us up to 14 in the den.
No problem...14 boys. Most, I have known for several years. All homeschooled.
Last den meeting....number 15 showed up. Wow...15.
Today 16 and 17 arrived.
We're going to need more chairs.
No one wants to split up though. They are all thick as thieves and love to be together. Plus they are quite well behaved for a pack of 3rd grade boys. It's chaos but they are entertaining.
17 and we only have 38 kids in the whole pack.
That's not counting my 3 Boy Scouts that serve as Den chiefs.
We have a big room.
We also have a lot of fun.
Today's activities: dried bean mosaics of Native American Symbols, a puzzle to learn about tribes that have been in our area, learned to play three traditional Native American Games and made two of them to take home and play. Oh yeah...and we decorated Valentine cookies for a snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment