We had a faily boring day.
The two oldest ZooBoys had check ups today. J is off the charts and M is 95 percentile. We grow 'em big here at the zoo.They get it honest though. ZooDad is a giant.
Then it was a quick trip down to the cemetary to check out my Dad's new stones and make sure everything was as my Mom wanted it. It is. Headstone is nice, footstone is in place and the flower holders have been placed. My grandparents' headstone was lifted and cleaned. The brickwork is all done. Once it gets warmer, I'll have the sod put in. Once everything was checked out, the zooboys and I ate out McDonald's take out amongst the old stones.
This is the cemetery I played in as a child. I would help clean of my grandfather's grave. I'd pull weeds and plant flowers. Now my sons get to do the same for their grandfather.
Then it was off to speech and therapy, a quick stop at the scout shop to pick up acheivements for tomorrow's pack meeting, and over to my mom's to show her the pictures from the cemetery and visit for a while.
1 comment:
I have always loved cemeteries. They are peaceful places where we can gather our thoughts. My Father passed away when I was two, and my sister is buried in the same cemetery I grew up visiting and tending to. Mom and Dad ("Dad" by love, not step-father, God bless him) are buried in another cemetery- they're way up high in the mausoleum so there's no tending for them, but I took the boys there and we'd clean and tend to other spots in the area. It was a good way to show the boys respect and teach them about their past.
{{hugs}}
Dy
Post a Comment