Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Here there be dragons....

And knights, and wizards, and really big cats.

Pictures of what my kids do when left to their own devices before breakfast. This morning they decided to put on their Halloween costumes. Please try to ignore the unhealthy breakfast I have provided...waxy chocolate donuts. I figure it is one step up from Bill Cosby's Chocolate Cake.
We'll start with the youngest two.
S and A and modeling the latest in dragon wear. These lovely ensembles came from that bastion of bargains...Wal-mart. The hoods were once adorned with heavy, ugly, dragon faces complete with eyeballs and mouths. I cut those off, repaired the holes, and made a much lovelier costume...which I say without bragging.

Here's the littlest one enjoying his donuts.


This is my three year old, with no pants. We don't need no stinkin' pants!!!!


Here's M. He still has a bit of red eye from surgery. He is not wearing the really cool kinght's cape that I made for him. He said he didn't want to get chocolate on it.


This is J...the oldest of the ZooBoys. I made his cosutme out of some spare fabric and an old bed sheet. The hat was the hardest part. I had to feed wire into the brim and the pointy part so it would keep some kind of shape. J made it clear that he wanted to be a Gandalf type of wizard and not a Harry Potter wizards. Hence the floppy brim. He also has a silver staff but chose to eat donuts off his magician's wand instead.
Behind him is Super Max: cat extraordinaire. Max is quite large. When he stands up, he is as tall as my three year old. Don't let the pink heart name tag fool you. That cat is bad to the bone.
J just turned 9 on Sunday. Tomorrow I'll upload his birhtday party pictures and the really awesome magician's hat cake.

3 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Beautiful boys, would love to see the birthday pics. I followed the link from Dy's site.

I could completely relate to your comment on her blog about needing the kids to be awake later when DH is gone. I hate being alone - I love my kids!

Great costumes btw!

Dy said...

These are great shots! Your costumes turned out MUCH better than mine. *sigh* I love that the cat is hanging out with the wizard. LOL. That turned out cute.

Thanks for sharing photos from the zoo!
Dy

Claudia said...

Hi! I got your site of Dy's blog. My three-year old has the same dragon costume! He absolutely loves it. I had to finally hide it because it no longer fits him, a fact he just couldn't accept. :-) Your boys are darling.