Wednesday, January 26, 2005

A list of non-school things I want my boys to be able to

1. tell how ZooDad and I met and what we first thought of each other.
2. find where their relatives are buried.
3. change a flat tire.
4. make decent iced tea.
5. Tell the story of their birth day. What happened and how we felt.
6. explain their complete medical history and our medical history.
7. build a really good sand castle
8. find sand dollars
9. swim
10. cook one really great meal for guests.
11. play a sport, well.
12. read for fun and education.
13. sing a few hymns.
14. play an instrument.
15. change a diaper.
16. soothe a crying baby.
17. treat others with compassion.
18. use power tools.
19. grow something beautiful.
20. speak with confidence.
21. pick out their own clothes.
22. be a good guest.
23. make people feel comfortable.
24. smile in the face of adversity.
25. be proud of themselves.
26. try new things without fear.
27. follow directions.
28. work hard for the sake of doing a good job.
29. do something they love.
30. love someone as their father loves me.

1 comment:

Dy said...

This is a great list! I love it!

How is your week without ZooDad going? I've been thinking about ya.

Dy