A Berkeley Republican. That one gave me a giggle. You might not want your Alma Mater to find out or they may revoke your diploma.
While I was reading my posts I discovered that I am a bit gloomy here. My online persona is so very different from my real world self. I am very quiet online and apparently quite grumpy.
In real life I am a smiling big-mouth. No really...I don't shut up. Don't call me unless you've got a half hour to spare...at least. I can talk about anything too. I tend to read a lot of magazines on some very strange topics and I'm a news junkie.
I'm also extremely overcommitted. I am a Cub Scout leader and a basketball coach though I know nothing about basketball. (hasn't slowed me down though.)
I go "Martha" when it comes to the kids' birthday parties. This year J wants a Magician party and I plan to make a rabbit in a hat cake. I've already found the magic kits to give as party favors. The invitations are a black hat where you can pull out the rabbit with all the information on it.
I scrapbook. I rubberstamp. I love to play the Sims2. And since I brought that up, I have to confess that one of my Sims guys married a woman with a teenager. The teen was surly and impossible to please....so I drowned him. I'm not sure what that says about my personality or morality.
I collect frogs. I used to have real live frogs, and lizards, and newts, and rabbits, and hamsters, and guinea pigs, and birds. But then I had kids and the critters died or found other non-kid houses.
I love Monty Python, CSI, and Boston Legal.
I'm funny.
I smile and laugh most of the time. I'm also extremely sarcastic and downright snarky sometimes. I do derive great humor from other people's tackiness...though I am quite tacky myself.
I have no idea why I am so different online. Maybe if I was as reserved in real life, I wouldn't come home regretful after parties thinking, "Girl, you ran your mouth too much tonight. Those people's ears will be hurting for days."
Oh well.
2 comments:
And a howdy right back at you! This is Nerni, still painfully clueless on the whole log in thing. You do not come across either snarky ( I love that word.) or gloomy, just someone living their life. I laughed at your comment about my Alma Mater. Funny, there were lots of us baby conservatives there during the 80's. I was still in the semi-liberal camp through most of college, but the seeds were planted and bloomed once real life came along. You'd just never know it by the representation of the school in media and legends/lore of the place. The faculty....well.....they're hopeless.
My Dad was a career military man, my husband's family, die hard, no military.....ever. He has come to see the light about this subject and now has a deep appreciation for the people who serve. My father was a POW in Korea and was in Viet Nam during a chunk of my childhood. He has seen the military from a personal side now and not just through the eyes of his parents anymore.
My kids look for camo in stores and love it, love it, love. Jammies, underwear, anything. We live right near Camp Pendelton in Oceanside,CA and they love when we go on base with my Mom. So a big wohoo for GI JOE and all that cool gear.
I'm toying with the idea od starting a blog, but I am a bit compulsive about getting tasks done and I'm not sure I need something else I "have" to do. I'll keep reading, you keep posting and when feeling "gloomy" blog away....but also blog that "running your mouth way too much" stuff too. I am wickedly sarcastic and would appreciate it. I'm sure others lurking are too.
I'm convinced the mothers of boys (no daughters in the family) have to be somewhat sarcastic and straighforward. No toying with issues, it's how we survive in a house full of boys. I taught public school for 7 years before having our oldest and I would have rather had a room full of boys than girls. I always wanted the goofy, silly, rowdy boys in my class. They make life interesting.
Well....happy blogging and thanks for the howdy ho!
Warmly,
Nerni
ROFL! You should have SEEN the stash of guns Christmas rained down on our house. BB guns, light guns, and even the coveted Cricket .22... "The Family Gun". Happy boys, happy Daddy, happy Mommy!
I'm so glad you're blogging regularly again. I came to catch up after vacation and am finding all manner of fun stuff to read. :-)
dy
Post a Comment