Wednesday, July 07, 2004

These kids are busy

I have very busy children. I didn't realize just how busy until I sat down and looked at the schedule. Boy, I will be so glad when we start back to school. I just need the continuity. I know we could just start back any old time but I have planning I really need to get done and don’t have time too. Plus I’m still working on my chemistry curriculum that I’m writing. And the two oldest are heading down to Grammie’s farm next week so they can go to her church’s vacation bible school. She wants to show them off.


A has a new speech therapist and I am amazed at how well the transition went. I fully expected at least a month of trials and tribulation…and temper tantrums. But….he likes her. He goes happily. He’s making better progress even. His newest cuteness is telling me what things he likes. “Me wike daddy food. Me wike chicken. Me wike schooooos.” I’m so glad he can tell us how he “wikes” things. Before now, we’ve just had to assume. OT is still going along. He’s still lagging in most skills especially fine motor but his coloring has improved some. And he draws the most hilarious pictures. Mostly spiders with many, many legs.


Baseball season is finally over. Thank God for small miracles. We ended up at the ball field every single weeknight…all of them…for eight weeks. That is entirely too much baseball. The two oldest ZooBoys enjoyed it though, so that made it somewhat worth it. M (5) wants to play soccer this fall, so I enrolled him. I thought it only fair since J gets to be a Bear Cub Scout this year.


Swim lessons are over though the boys don’t swim any better now than they did. Oh well, swimmers they are not, neither am I.


Deck repairs are still ongoing. My darling computer geek of a husband has nearly lost his mind over it, but the deck is over half finished. He has to finish it by Sunday since about 30 people are coming over for A’s 3rd birthday and S’s 1st birthday party. Poor Guy. He goes “Monk” quite easily and the unequal nature of wood products is just more than he can bear. When he started measuring where to but decking screws so they were all even, I had to put my foot down and just start putting them in myself.

No comments: