A little back info…yesterday while waiting for my 3 year old to finish his marathon Speech/OT session, I read an article in Parenting on “How to raise children that want to behave.” It was quite a humourous article. I can’t see implementing any of their suggestions.
Fast forward to last evening. My eight year old has 2 big family chores. He takes out the trash and he unloads the dishwasher. After he unloaded the dishwasher last night, I opened the cabinet to discover that dishes were just stuffed in the cabinet. After rearranging them all I told said eight year old that he was no longer allowed to put up dishes. (I don’t know how that would be considered punishment but I really wasn’t thinking.)
This morning I hear the sound of clanking dishes. Well, quietly clanking dishes. I peeked in the kitchen to find said eight year old unloading the dishwasher and quietly putting the dishes away. Now I’m not sure if I should be angry that he is defying my order that he leave the dishes alone or proud that he wants to keep that family job. I think I’ll wait until he either tells me what he did or I “discover” the empty dishwasher at lunch. Funny kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment