Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Congratulations! It's a Deck!

Darling ZooDad finished the deck yesterday. Woohoo! Just in time for the 30 guests that came over for A and S's birthday party. (More on that soon)

9 months after removing the old deck, the new deck was done. My sister congratulated on the proud moment and told him he gave birth to a deck.

We thought about having a ribbon cutting ceremony.

All the guests toured the new deck and each proclaimed it a masterpiece. This really puffed ZooDad up since the man is not a woodworker. He just can not handle the irregularities of working with wood. At one point he was threatening to go "whittle" up some lumber since the stuff from the lumberyard was not *exactly* the same size.

It was quite entertaining for me.

It is a nice deck and extremely sturdy. I don't think our house is as well built.

For the next tornado warning, I think I'll hide out under there instead of in my stair closet.

No comments: