Tuesday, November 16, 2010

All done camping....until January

Whew....our marathon of camping has finally come to an end. I finally can relax and not wonder if we have enough AAA and D batteries.
As much as I love being out in the wilderness, there is a point that it just gets to be too much. We had two camp outs in September, three in October, and two this month.
And the weekends that we weren't camping were consumed with other scout stuff.

Speaking of "other scout stuff," that too is coming to a close. I will be stepping down as cub master for our pack so I can start getting ready for the big move. I'm also doing less stuff with the troop and less volunteering in general. It's all part of cutting ties and tying up loose ends that is part of changing duty stations.

I have five and a half months....give or take a week. And thankfully only about 6 camp outs to do during that time.

No comments: