Thursday, September 17, 2009

Answers have been posted for the ones no one could guess.
The rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (or get them out of your capacious memory).
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly in the comments, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating!

Good luck...I have a very odd taste in movies.

1. "I wish I could do something about this. But I can't. But I can promise you two things. One: I'll always look this good." (hint: Cartoon with Eddie Murphey in it.) "Shrek." I guess y'all haven't had to sit through this one as many times as I have.

2. "When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled."
(hint: this one is sung. Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin!) "Monty Python's Holy Grail." I can't believe no one got this. You know the movies with the great lines about killer rabbits, flesh wounds, and the average speeds of sparrows.

3. "I wanna name her Dottie after my wife. She's a vicious life-sucking b!tch from which there is no escape." (hint..."No Harry. You da' man." Bruce Willis is in this one.) Seanna must not have been ny because she would know that this was "Armageddon," one of my favorite movies to rewatch.

4. "You're not much use to me alive are you, Turkish?" (Brad Pitt plays an not so attractive dude in this flick. Violence, profanity, and some of the best one-liners ever.) I'm not Surprised that no one knew "Snatch" directed by Guy Ritchie. ZD and I love this one and quote this line to each other all the time.

5. "Lee-loo Dall-as mul-ti-pass." Nisha knows that one is from The 5 Element and I know she knows at least one of these.

6. "Insanity runs in my family... It practically gallops." (The first of my favorite Cary Grant movies.)Mary got this one. It's Arsenic and old Lace.

7. "I think I at least deserve a chance to be with Derek!" (This one's not out on DVD yet. Jacob keeps quoting this line spoken by a gelatinous creature.) Monsters Vs. Aliens. Make sure you get this one on DVD. It's really great.

8. "Well, you see, actually I was on my way to Australia..." (One of two movies that have the same cast and basic story. And made back to back. Something about a sheriff.) Support Your Local Sheriff. And the go-along Support you Local Gunfighter.

9. "Oh, I love you, Adam, Alex, Peter, Brian, whatever your name is, I love you! I hope we have a lot of boys and we can name them all after you!"
(Another Cary Grant movie. This one co-stars Audrey Hepburn.)Mary got this one too. Charade. If you haven't seen this one, queue it up on Netflix.

10. "According to the War Department, I *am* my wife."(My last Cary Grant movie. I have a thing for Cary Grant. I recently bought the DVD of this one. Poor Cary has to deal with being an Army spouse.) Hopewell got this one. I Was a Male War Bride.

5 comments:

nisha said...

I know LeeLoo Dallas Mul-ti-pass and that's all I recognize off the top. LOL

Becca said...

I don't know ANY of those!

Sheila said...

#4 is one that Dh and i use on each other at least once a week. I'll post some hints.

Mary said...

Okay, #6 is Arsenic and Old Lace..a great movie! It's been a bit, but #9 would be Charade if I'm not mistaken. Not sure about any of the others.

Hopewell said...

1o was I was a Male War Bride it's hilarious!