My laptop bricked. It's just a glorified paperweight at this very moment. Thankfully, it died in a dramatic fashion and while it was in it's throes, ZD managed to save all of my pictures, files, music, and my beloved Outlook pst file.
However, I can't access any of those things. They exist on an external hard drive upstairs in some little dusty corner of ZD's study. I really hope it's not on that noisy humming one. That's one is going to give up the ghost any minute.
So I do have everything. That's good. I also have access to a computer and can check my email online. Which is also good.
But that's it.
Don't ask me for a file or to look up an email address or what time I'm supposed to be at the boys' doctor appointment. (I really hope I get a reminder call about that one.)
ZD has been too busy to actually see if my little Dell is worth reviving. Something about working on that last class he needs for his Master's degree and while working 14 hour days.
He probably could have looked at it Saturday if I hadn't made him haul the boys around to football games even though he's in a walking cast, but you know, we've got priorities here.
But since I'm online less, I've gotten a fair bit of knitting done and undone and almost redone.
I also got to dance a little victory jog and sneer at ZD when something work related happened that he expected not to but I knew would. The "something" may change the amount of time we have left here and is also a pretty good thing for ZD. It's not a good thing for me because it may mean 16 hour work days and even less time at home with us.
In other news, Anders and a neighbor boy have found a Luna moth caterpillar. I was hoping that once the thing spun a cocoon, that I would have less frequent updates on the caterpillar's activities.
Nope....we've slowed down to hourly but the conversation has taken a turn from boring to downright repetitive.
There's just only so many times that you can hear, "He's still in the cocoon. That's a cocoon made of silk and not a chrysalis."
Add to that the speculation of what the moth is doing in the cocoon. at. this. very. moment.
I'm kind of wishing that I had my own cocoon with wifi of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment