School is back in the swing of things. So I spend my days teaching the boys, going to speech therapy, and dealing with Cub Scout stuff.
That's sort of normal stuff. Well, as normal as it can be while dealing with my 13-year-old who thinks that there must be some relationship between height and intelligence. Since he's taller than me, he must also be smarter than me and every other short person in the house.
He's already lost computer access this week due to his back talking. We'll see what else he loses before he finally accepts that the proper answer to any request made by his mother is "Yes, ma'am."
My evenings consist of a little knitting and sorting through a chosen area while ZD pours over the "job" list.
It makes for an interesting conversation.
We've discoverd that we've held on to more junk than we should of and that we also know each other better than we thought.
The list is being whittled down. When you get down to rank and date available, there aren't a lot of choices especially when you add my need for sunlight, greenery, and some space to wander about in.
Overseas is out for now (this very moment, we might change our minds tonight) due to the fact that both of our mothers are in their mid 70's. Plus I don't think I could handle that much of change in my first move in 10 years.
Right now we're looking at DC/Virginia, Florida, or Nebraska. And I'm not that sure of the Nebraska part. I like to be near the ocean.
Hawaii made my list for sun, greenery, and ocean but ZD giggled about the idea of me being stuck on an island that I could circumnavigate in 3 hours.
Of course, I find the idea of him dealing with DC traffic to be equally hilarious.
Arizona missed the list due to lack of greenery and the fact that I was a dry husk of a woman after spending a week in Utah. I can't imagine Arizona being much better. But ZD did remind me that living there gave me the ability to vote or not vote for John McCain.
So we continue talking, looking up stuff, and digging through stuff to get rid off. Pretty soon we'll have to turn in our dream sheet and just wait and see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment