Things are stepping up around here regarding our next duty station. Before March, I was aware that someday I would have to move if we continued to be an Army family. In March, I found out that the job that ZD is currently working would be the only job he'd have at this base. That meant that instead of 3 years, we'd only be stationed here about 18 months.
Ok.
That changes things.
So we'd be moving in the fall of 2010.
Last night, ZD got an email from his branch manager. Yep, 18 months maximum. In fact a summer move would be preferable. At the very least, we'd move by August 2010.
Now, that really changes things.
Especially, since we've lived in this house for more than 10 years.
We've accumulated 10 years worth of clothes, toys, books, knick-knacks, and garage junk. I dread going through it all....but it must be done.
And while I'm doing that I have to finish all the house projects that still haven't been completed.
I have to get the house ready to go on the market.
Then I have to find people to take over all my "jobs:" Cub scouts and home school support group
And most importantly, I have to prepare my boys to leave the only home that they have ever known and all of their family and friends.
All while doing all the stuff I normally do.
12 months may not be enough.
3 comments:
I don't envy you! Even four years was a lot to dig last fall when we moved. I'll be praying....
I'm so curious about where you are going! Remind yourself that 12 months is a massssssive amount of time in military terms. If it were me, I'd totally put everything off till the last 3 months then wonder why I was stressed out. 10 years in one house. Wow...I can't imagine! Best of luck.
selfishly, I just hate the thought of you leaving... on so many levels for me one of which is that you have been a rock... a constant... one who has always been there ever since I moved here 7 1/2 yrs ago. To say I will miss you is an understatement. I can't stand the thought of you and your family not being around... nearby.... It hurts my heart. Do you know you are one of the FIRST people we met? remember the park days? It was mid January 2002 when I met you at one of those park days and Andrew was a baby back then. You had a sling for him... you nursed him... he was in a stroller. I'll never forget that... ever.
You don't want to rent the house? I'm thinking of your eventual return to this area... [you will be returning eventually, right? she asks hopefully...]
I am more thankful for your being in my life than you may ever know. I mean this from the bottom of my heart.
Post a Comment