Thursday, July 16, 2009

Made it this far.

Wow...he sure is getting big isn't he? I would like to know who swiped my baby and replaced him with the almost grown man.

Tomorrow night, I'll head up state to camp out. It's 4 hours to the camp and the parents are supposed to be there by 9 am Saturday morning. (Yeah, I did that same math and my eyes bugged out.)



The idea of leaving the house at 5am, picking up 5 smelly Scouts who have been out in the wilderness for a week, stuffing them and their gear into my nice clean van, then turning around to drive home for another 4 hours.....well that just doesn't scream "fun-filled day" to me.


It sure is a beautiful camp. You can't see the mountains in that shot....but they are there. It's just what camp is supposed to look like.
So the parents have been invited to camp out Friday night but we have to bring our own gear. Thankfully, there is no shortage of camping gear here at the Zoo. It's also cheaper than a hotel.

I'm rather proud of myself that I haven't already run up there and grabbed the boy and drug him back home. In fact, my entire family is impressed with my restraint. That's not the say that I haven't been miserable. I do OK during the day, but at night I fall apart. It's those cabins that do me in.


Would you call that a cabin? That's the quarters for 6 boys. At least he was wise enough to get a bottom bunk. I would rather have a tent personally. At least, you can keep the critters out of them.

I know he's had a great time. I can't wait to hear about his adventures.

1 comment:

Dy said...

Wow. That is a beautiful campground. Next year, we face that. Well, James plans to wallow in it. I plan to start drinking heavily the week prior, so I can maybe check myself into rehab the week of and then not think about it!