We took off for July due to Boy Scout camp, the general heat, and everybody's vacation.
But now it's time to get back in the swing of things.
Our schools start back in early August so we have to wait until parents get back into the school groove before we start stuffing Cub stuff in.
Since the boys had so much fun with it at day camp, our first pack activity will be a Water War at the local fountain park. Everyone will bring water guns and wear swimsuits and we'll duke it out in a very wet version of Capture the Flag. Afterwards, we'll roast hot dogs on one of the charcoal grills and talk about bringing a friend to the next pack meeting.
The pack meeting for the month is "Bring a friend to game night." The boys who bring a friend will get a marshmallow gun that I made for about $1. They will also bring their DS's, Gameboys, and PSP's as well as any favorite board games. I'm bringing a Wii with some group games that require the boys to get moving. While they are playing, I can talk with parents about the new year. (I need a Pine Wood Derby Chair and an assistant for the Popcorn Kernal.)
This will give the boys a chance to socialize in a way that boys do and ease back into our pack meetings. Plus the visitors won't feel as "on display" and can break the ice easier.
I can't wait to see them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment