That's what I should have said when the women at Bi-Lo commented on my oldest son's tan. "He really should be wearing sunscreen. You don't want him to get skin cancer." Translate that into "Oh, you're a terrible lazy mother who doesn't care about her child."
Instead I told her that he does indeed wear sunscreen. He wears Bullfrog spf 36 spray. But he's tan because he spends a lot of time outside. A. lot. of. time. And he has inherited his mother's skin which tans very easily.
To which she actually replied, "He's outside all the time? Doesn't he play video games?'
I kid you not.
3 comments:
Are you serious? She said that.
Wooooooow.
Good for you for not letting him play videos all day.
At which point you hugged your son and said "that, sweetheart, is why we homeschool....."
I like hopewell's suggestion. I have to admit, though, that although I'm getting fairly good with the well-timed response, that one would have left me utterly flummoxed. Some people are just... beyond me.
Post a Comment