The camp out is almost here and pretty soon my life will be back to relative normal.
Until then here's a little update.
ZD has been travelling....a lot. In fact he's out west this week and is absolutely no help to me whatsoever. He'll be back in time for the actual camping.
We got a new cat. She's not here right at this moment because she was spayed today and is at the vet's under observation. Her name is Cleo and she was a stray on post. She's about 18 months old. She spent the last 4 months living at the Veterinary center in a small kennel...waiting for a home. She spent the previous 14 months trying to survive and having more kittens than her body could support. She's about 6 pounds and you can tell that she was malnourished during her formative months. She's sweet as can be and already fits right into the household.
Baseball is still going strong. We'll miss this week's games due to the camp out. Oldest boy took a hard pitch off his knee cap at the first game. It hurt him for a while but he's back to 95% now. Second boy is playing catcher and loving it. Third boy is getting a hit in every game...which shocks ZD and I. He just loves to play and is quite oblivious to any sort of competitiveness. And Sam, well, he hasn't knock anyone out yet. I'm glad he'll be moving out of t-ball next year. We really should have played him up this year.
Thankfully, we don't have games next weekend. ZD and I had planned a little couples retreat for the long weekend. With his work schedule and all my stuff, our weekends are full. We're so busy working and being parents that we don't have enough time to just be husband and wife. But, I overlooked an all day play practice for the boys so there goes our little trip together. (Seriously, who the heck schedules practices for Memorial Day Weekend. Especially in an area that ends school that week!)
I'm trying very hard to not be angry about it and failing miserably.
School is just about done. Then it's time for my favorite time of the year. PLANNING!
No, just kidding. I get to spend all day at the pool. Monday through Friday, from 10 am to 2 pm....if you need me, I'll be at the pool. This children are counting down the days until May 26th. The swimsuits are all located, the towels are clean, and we have new pool toys. All we need are snacks and sunscreen.
(Which reminds me....."theatre week" will encroach on my pool time. snarl I swear, next time someone says, "Oh come join the homeschool drama. It will be fun. Your kid will love it." Please smack me. Scouts takes up less time than this play has. Cub and Boy Scouts combined.)
No comments:
Post a Comment