Get really sick...and the world runs away screaming.
You remember that "cold" that I had. Well, it never really went away. It just lingered until I got so sick that I couldn't function. And then to add insult to injury....I got sicker.
Because ZD had to stay home and care for the minions, my wonderful sister took me to the ER in her brand new car with leather seats....and she didn't even require me to take a bucket with me.
After some IV drugs and some fluids, I felt almost human again. Almost. I had the same ER doc that I always get and he remembered me. (He even asked how my ankle was doing.) That doesn't really reflect well on me that ER doctors know who I am.
The next day, I went to my physician who chastised me for not coming in sooner. Honestly, I thought it would just go away and that I was being a big baby.
There I discovered that I have a low grade fever, fluid in my ears, heavily congested lungs, and am still dehydrated. Hmmmm....that would explain the shortness of breath and general malaise...and the ear ache. (I have an ear infection....what am I? Four years old?)
ZD spoke to him over the phone and he filled the doc in all the stuff that I would avoid mentioning. (No energy, not sleeping, sleeping too much, no appetite, forgetfulness beyond my normal amount.) Apparently, ZD has gotten concerned about my well being.
So doc did a whole bunch of blood tests and put me on 2 weeks of antibiotics. I go back in two weeks to see if I am better or need more stuff done.
I hate getting medical care but I don't want to be sick when we take of for the Happiest Place on Earth.
2 comments:
I really am glad that someone took your stubborn self to the doc...I really hope you feel better very soon.
Been wrapped up in this move and an awful friend lately, I am sorry for that really.
Hope to catch up soon!
Why does it take us so long to learn that somebody has to take good care of the Mama, too?
{{hugs}} I hope you're up and feeling better very soon.
Post a Comment