Today was an insanely busy day for a weekend.
We got in late last night after digging some post holes, stringing some electric fencing, and eating MIL's meatloaf for dinner.
So the plan was to sleep in a little today.
That was the plan until I remembered what I actually had to do today. I hate it when plans interfere with my sleep schedule.
We started the day by getting our (including mine) scout uniforms ready. My Webelos had a tour of the Federal Court house. Very, very cool. Not many people get to see the federal court house and I'm hoping that we'll only go there for field trips and not for legal matters.
Anyway, the court house was built in 1915 and is covered in marble and beautiful hardwoods. The doors to court room are covered with leather.
Gorgeous! But I don't think that most people in the court room are there to admire the architecture.
We got to meet and talk with a Federal judge (they are appointed for life by the POTUS), a county judge (they are elected by us voters), a State Marshall, and a county deputy.
And we were served cookies and hot chocolate by the Federal Court Clerk and given napkins with the court house seal embossed on them.
I'm not making this up.
When I got home it was time to drag out my 700 pounds of Christmas decorations. I'm not kidding about that either. I have 11 totes of decorations. 2 full sized trees and 6 small ones. One of the full sized trees and the 6 small ones went straight into the back of the new van for use later. (new van fact of the day: when I put the van in park, the driver's door unlocks automatically)
And the boys unloaded all that firewood that they cut over Thanksgiving weekend. Including a huge stump of fat lighter. (Woooooooo.....fat lighter!)
After sorting through decorations and cleaning out the garage it was time to take the two cub scouts to decorate the Christmas float. The parade is tomorrow, but we have to get everything set up ahead of time.
We had a great turnout. I think the parents had as much fun as the kids. Our theme is "Christmas camp out." The dads set up a tent and a fake fire with a dutch oven hanging over it. The kids put together my big tree and decorated it with yellow and blue garland and cub scout patches. Then we added the 6 smaller trees as a little forest. (It really is a small forest of little evergreens.)
Once the trailer was festooned with ribbons and garland, and all the little trees had been decorated and nailed down so they wouldn't fall over during the parade...we were off to Wally world where I had to buy more garland for the boys to use in decorating their bikes. They'll ride those in the parade tomorrow and they have to have a festive ride. I bought a pair of blinking reindeer antlers for me to wear. ;)
Then it was home to cook breakfast for dinner. I think I ate a half pound of bacon myself and now I'm feeling a little ucky about it. Bacon remorse is a cruel thing. It's not nearly as bad a Krispy Kreme doughnut remorse.
Tomorrow, we'll get up and decorate bikes then set off on the Christmas parade adventure. 2 vans, 3 bikes, 6 water bottles, 2 mobile phones, and 4 and half hours counting wait time.
It should be a fun, fun, fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment