My sweet, darling, and totally self-less sister came over to watch the boys while ZD and I went out. (2 of the boys are sick, hence the self-less part.)
We spent a lovely evening together......... at the car dealership.
It looks like I might get a new van after all. I'm giddy with anticipation but I don't really want to get my hopes up just in case something happens.
I'd be fine with that if it happens. My old van is only 8 years old and it hasn't even hit 100K miles yet. It still looks good even though the inside is currently (ashamedly) trashed. And it has been behaving so I have to praise it when due.
So we looked at new fancy schmancy vans. Fancy schmancy vans that cost about the same as my old one did 8 years ago. Man, we got ripped off!
The van I test drove is absolutely decadent.
power side doors and rear hatch door.
DVD entertainment center with wire less head phones and 6 disc CD player
XM radio and a dock for my ipod
a rear camera for backing up. (Holey smokes!)
leather seats for 8 (woohoo) that slide and come out and do all kinds of things I didn't know van seats could do.
second row windows that roll down and have little sun screens to protect my light sensitive boys.
a plug for the boys video games. They can play game cube in the van on trips!
all kinds of little secret compartments for legos, Star Wars figures and baseball gear.
heated front seats
eleventy-billion cup holders
and the cherry on top..... a moon roof.
OMG!!!!! A MOON ROOF!
It's so stinking wonderful that I can't imagine taking it home with me. It has everything I could dream of and they have the color I want for exterior and interior.
My dream car with no concessions at all in any way. No "well, it's a good enough color." Or "I don't mind this interior." Or "I guess this feature is a bit excessive we could save money without it."
Nope.
Now, I just have to let myself deserve it.
Oh, and I also have to check out the other dealership to see if I like the other van better.
I don't know when I got so fickle.
No comments:
Post a Comment