Ok, I asked for opinions and then decided to just do what I wanted after all. Hee, hee, hee.
I'm leaving my knitting blog intact. I did add the link over there.
<----------------------------------------- and thanks to Blogger's new blog roll widget, you can see if I've updated and click over to see my pretty new socks if you want to. And if you're not interested, you won't be bored by the sock knitting tutorials that I'll be posting soon.
Cool.
And the non-homeschool folks won't get offended about me ranting about the local school system like this: one of the highschoolers that I tutor (my extra son) missed two days of school, with a doctor's excuse. His science teacher sent him home with the lab sheets from his missed class and told him to "just google it and write up the information." Thankfully, I had the materials for the lab and we did the experiment at my house so he could actually learn the material.
Insane!
If the lab took all of 10 minutes to complete. I'm sure he could have done it quickly while the kids were doing busywork, before school, after school, or during lunch time or homeroom. It would not have taken a huge sacrifice of time on the teacher's part.
And for the homeschool moms, the one thing the highschool student said that he wished he had more practice in before high school..... writing. He is overwhelmed with the amount of writing that he has to do. So get those kids writing!
1 comment:
Ah, but she's *certified*, and that "ensures a standards-based education"... *snort* Funny how some of us get so hung up on the learning part of education, isn't it? What a bunch of weirdos we are. :-)
Dy
Post a Comment