I'm slowly going insane and all my stuff is falling apart.
Here's a list of things that have had to be replaced, removed, repaired so far this year:
Refrigerator supply line (repaired)
Kitchen sink cabinet (replaced)
Kitchen faucet (replaced)
Kitchen floor (replaced)
Dishwasher (replaced)
Giant pine tree (removed)
Bradford Pear tree (removed)
Driveway (in process of replacing)
Stump from the Bradford Pear Tree (removed)
ZD's car (repaired)
My van (oil leak repaired)
My van (another oil leak repaired)
My van (body damage caused by a lady that hit me)
oldest boy's teeth (new braces)
TV in the living room (bought a new one)
Lawnmower (bought an electric one)
storm door handles (replaced)
and newest on the list....Front door (thought we could repair but we'll have to replace it.)
It's ok really. I have hated that door for almost 10 years. I don't mind getting a new door at all. However, I do mind that the Lowe's people have to come over and measure the door before they can order the one I want. Like I can't tell that I need the 32" door versus the 36" door.
But the new door is all picked out. I'll still have to paint the thing which will set off a whole chain reaction of painting/replacing. (New door will need new light fixtures, numbers, and shutters. I'll never match the old door color....not that I really want to.)
So what color should we paint?
3 comments:
That made me mad, too, the Lowes people. So mad that I skipped the Lowes middle man altogether and just hired a contractor to do the job. He charged the same.
When I got a dishwasher, they said they had to have the contractor come out and see what I needed. "I need a dishwasher," I said. "This one. And if you won't sell it to me right now, I'll go elsewhere." She had to call her manager to get approval to sell me a dishwasher without the "mandatory" preparatory visit.
Hi! Love your blog! I say paint the door red. I love the look of red front doors. Good luck with all the projects and repairs.
Thanks for the tip about Lowe's. We're moving in 2 weeks and I plan on shopping there. Forewarned is forearmed!
Post a Comment