Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What constitutes fun at our house.

Hey....there's a nice shot of my horsebutt....Um.... "Ponytail" paint.
That lump under the passel of boys is ZD. I believe he was trying to take a nap before the melee broke out. I'm not sure what the carrying capacity of my couch is....but it had to be very close to maxing it ou when I took this shot.

I am so blessed to have a husband like mine. He is such a good father and mentor. He's a little lax on discipline but he more than makes up for it with his dedication to providing for us. His whole world revolves around us and we know it.

However, don't take him shopping with the boys. I can take him or the boys....but not all of them. ZD behaves quite well in public...by himself. The boys follow rules obediently....when Dad is not around.
But put them together.....and I have to stop, put my hands on my hips, and lay down the law.
When this happens in the very crowded canned food aisle of the commissary, the little gray-haired, retiree wives get tickled at my outright annoyance.

"Bless you honey....they won't be young for long."

Yeah....But it's the biggest one causing the most trouble.

1 comment:

Dy said...

ROFLOL! I have the *same* problem. Zorak's a wanderer. Fortunately, the older two have caught on to just what an annoying habit it is to have to stop your errand and go find the missing person. Repeatedly. But the younger two? Weedoggies, they think that's high adventure. One trip to the store w/ everybody, and I spend the next six payday market trips beating it out of them. ;-)

But, oh, the many ways they make up for that! Isn't it wonderful to be cherished so very much?

BTW, I cannot *believe* how much the boys have grown! YIKES!!!

Dy