Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hey, a regular kid

Have you ever watched Blue's Clues or Dora? Have you played those PC games or watched the shows for little kids that ask the kids to yell out the answers or jump up and dance?

I've never had one of those kids. My kids never jumped up and yelled out "A clue" or counted along with Grover or danced along with Dora.

They watched and internalized. They thought those characters on TV and PC were crazy and stupid.

Well, all but Sam.

Sam plays along. Currently, Sam is upstairs playing Reader Rabbit Pre-K on the upstairs computer. (This is a Lazarus computer. ZD, the computer Messiah, brought it back after 6 months of being dead. But not until he ordered a new computer which just arrived this morning.)

Anyway, Sam is having a grand time. He and that little bunny are counting together and yelling out their letters. He's winning tickets for the fair rides and just having a good old time.

I know because I can hear him from his brothers' room, down the stairs, down the hall and into the kitchen.

I believe he's doing the marching band patterns at this point. I hear those little horn wielding ants speaking and Sam occasionally saying "Aw man! Blue! Yeah! I'm fantastic! love that song!"

There he is....the common kid.

What a hoot.

2 comments:

Pensguys said...

My boys aren't "regular" kids either. :)

Anonymous said...

hehe.. I never wanted to yell and shout and do crazy things either. But I'm painfully shy and quite often a bit low key. I'd rather snuggle on the couch. If I wanted to jump and scream, I wouldn't be watching TV. :D I'd be outside...