Monday, August 13, 2007

Total Random Thoughts

For some reason the soundtrack in my head is playing "Dancing Queen."

I am equally as shocked by this as you are. This particular version has an extended play time and is getting on my nerves.
I tried singing "Free Bird" but so far.....no effect. Next thing I know, I'm humming, "Friday night and the lights are low..."
(sigh)

Sam has announced that he no longer wants to be four. Nope. He's "tired of being four." He wants to be six instead.
I guess six is a much more exciting age. You get to sleep on the top bunk. You get to start 1st grade. And you might even get your first loose tooth.
There is some envy here at the Zoo. Can you tell?

I have burned out yet another fish aquarium filter. I have to buy a new one before my Zombie Fish (more on this story later) die....for real.
I'm torn on the idea that dead fish are a bad thing. My fish scare people, including myself. My sister won't even fee the things when she house sits.
So once again, I'm spending fifty bucks on terrifying fish that I don't even like. And they aren't edible. If they, were....I still wouldn't touch them.
Very scary fish.

I'm rereading all my twaddle. Yep. I'm talking about books so simple in thought and premise that I can read them in a single day. This of them as Adult Magic Tree House books. It's quite satisfying in a junk food kind of way.

The Braves are resting tonight. This means I can't fuss at my inappropriate crush boy. I have this thing for Brian McCann, the team catcher.
My friend says that it's fine since I'm not old enough to be his mother.
I'm not. So at least it's not scandalous. It still is inappropriate however since the boy is 23.
The fact that I've thought about this is even more evidence of my questionable character.

I wonder why I can't even type my own name. Seriously.
Most times I have to correct it. I type "Sheola" or my favorite "Sheula" and rarely I get a "Sehila." While all of these seem to be very exotic and exciting names....they are not mine.

My oldest is apparently a finger and toe crossing virtuoso. He's demonstrating this to me as I type this. Oh....he can also form his feet into some very odd fist shape. the boy has some freakish toes.
He didn't inherit them from me. I come from the barely-toed ilk. None of my ancestors can pick up Hot wheel cars and Beanie Babies with our stubby toes.

Oh great....I succeeded at expunging Dancing Queen. I'm now dealing with, "If I leave here tomoroooooooowwww..."
Wonderful.

2 comments:

Dy said...

Emerging from the chaos of the last two weeks to say:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I hope this coming year brings you more *pleasant* surprises, more love, more joy, more contentment and thanksgivings than exist in your wildest dreams. And I loved the wedding meme. That was definitely worth the wait!

Congratulations on the Bronze Star. I'm glad to see they acknowledge service well done. Good job!

I don't even want to think about the kids getting that big. They just keep getting more and more expensive.

Cringing on your behalf w/ the Tricare deal. {{[hugs}}} Maybe they'll surprise you. You know. Maybe. :-S

Can't wait to see the preparation pictures! I'm so glad you're short-timers on this tour. YAY!

Dy

Anonymous said...

Thanks hun!
Needed that morning laugh....
oh and now I have "dancing queen" playing over and over in my head.
Thanks!
(((BUG HUGS)))