Things are going great here at the zoo. I just haven't had the motivation to blog.
We've had lots going on. I even have pictures.
I'll get back into the swing of things once I get back into the swing of things. (Do you feel like the Alfak duck in the Yogi Berra commercial?)
A funny from today: I tutor 2 different 8th graders from our local PS. One for 2 hours and one for 1 hour. The 1 hour kid brought his math problems and two worksheets from his teacher. (The worksheets were requested by his mom for me to use to work with him. The teacher is great to provide these.)
Anyway...
1 hour kid and I do his homework and he's got negative integers down pat. Then we move on to worksheet #1 which has material that he botched totally earlier in the week. We work on it until the light bulb clicks on. He's got it!
then we move on to the worksheet for tomorrow's work to get him a head start. In no time, he's got it and we fly through the sheet.
We he finished, he looked at the clock and saw that him mom wouldn't be by to pick him up for another 15 minutes. So we go on to the next section to pre-teach that material.
By the time his mom gets to my house, we're done with that material also.
As he packed up his work he remarked, "I just did a whole weeks worth of math in a HOUR! And I understand it. And I did my homework."
I couldn't help but laugh at him.
No comments:
Post a Comment