Friday, August 03, 2007

And the clouds parted and a beam of sunlight poured down on them

It's a sunny day here at the zoo.

Well, as sunny as we can get it anyway.

Things are falling into place around here and it's not all gloom and doom. There's behind the scenes gloom and doom that I can't post publicly about yet. And that's the reason for my overall Eeyore-ness.

But the behind the scenes stuff is lot less gloomier than it has been so...Woohoo for us. I will eventually fill everyone in on what exactly is going on but I have to wait for clearance for ZooDad. I still don't have a long term plan but the very next step is firming up. So at least I know the direction we're going.

All this cryptic talk. Let's just say that my "let's just wing it" gene has been pushed to its tensile strength. At one point it even snapped and we had to do some complicated Boy Scout knots to tie it back together.
But the stress on it has recently reduced a bit and things seem to holding up.

In other news...
We've been spending our days with my newest little great nephew who is down visiting from way out of state. Eli is three months old and just bit over 10 pounds. We've never seen one so small. All mine hit 10 pounds by the end of their first month. (And that includes the one who had to have stomach surgery)
He is such a cutie. I swear, if my niece weren't so attached to him, I'd just claim him as mine and take him home.
It sure makes me want another one and I thought I was over all that.
It makes the boys want another little brother, even Sam.
Andrew has managed to teach Eli his first word, at least that's Andrew's point of view. He was excited because he taught the baby to say "Hey."

See. First word at 3 months. He's a tiny genius.

No comments: